At Vifor Pharma, we recognise our responsibility to communities in which we operate. We engage in l projects to strengthen communities and provide assistance where needed. As a company it enables us to build community trust, enhance our reputation and motivate our employees. By sharing our scientific knowledge we also contribute to an improved understanding of healthcare-related topics. This leads to a better informed and ultimately healthier society, and fosters interest.
Learn how we engage with our community in our latest Responsibility Report here.
What are the Community highlights from the latest CR Report
- Our affiliate in US and several Vifor Pharma locations in Switzerland joined the challenge and organised local ‘Kidney Walks’. The aim of these walks is to raise awareness of kidney diseases and to provide charitable donations to selected patient organisations.
- Several activities, such as Iron Deficiency Day, sponsoring the Australian Women’s Health Week, promoting Rare Disease Day or participated in a charity event, organised by the UK-based charity ‘Vasculitis UK’, took place raising awareness around disease areas we have particular expertise in.
- In the UK, a group of colleagues participated in the Prudential Ride London to fundraise for two patient organisations.
- We seek to increase the understanding of healthcare-related subjects, therefore we co-sponsored the annual Swiss Congress on Health Economics and Health Sciences (SKGG) and supported the national meeting of “Cardioalianza”, a Spanish alliance of 16 cardiovascular patient organisations.
- Vifor Pharma Australia provided a financial donation to the Red Cross Australia Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund, and to the WWF Australia Bushfire Emergency to support wildlife, who were affected due to the dramatic
- Our employees in Singapore engaged in the ‘Meals-on-Wheels’ initiative, a meal delivery programme to meet the daily needs of housebound elderly people.
- Vifor Pharma Lisbon donated used office and canteen furniture to local communities, schools and organisations.
- Vifor Pharma was one of the main sponsors of ‘SimplyNano 2’, a training suitcase for middle school students in Switzerland.
- Several of our affiliates engaged in voluntary programmes to support cleaning their local shorelines.
- Vifor Pharma Australia participated in the ‘Buddy Bags’ programme, a local charity caring for children who were forced to flee their home due to family violence.
- A team of Vifor Pharma Switzerland employees participated in Mud Day, a team-building event that included charity support. A donation was made to the Nicole Niquille Foundation.
Have a look at the key highlights from our Responsibility pillar “Community” below.