At Vifor Pharma, everything starts with the patient. We aim to work with the patients through the entire lifecycle of our products, from R&D to access, disease awareness and patient support programmes. This allows us to better understand patients’ needs, and develop and offer improved therapies. Improved access to healthcare enables underserved patients to receive adequate treatment. It also creates opportunities to reach more patients and to drive innovation.
Learn how we support patients in our latest Responsibility Report here.
What are the Patients highlights?
- We are proactively tailoring an early-stage clinical trial programme for a compound to treat Beta Thalassemia – an inherited blood disorder – after receiving patient input
- We supported the establishment of ‘See Me, Hear Me’, a patient and carer platform related to the rare disease ANCA-associated Vasculitis, as well as Managed Access Programs were open to eligible ANCA-associated Vasculitis patients with a high unmet medical need in a number of European countries
- We set up a mentoring programme for chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients in six Spanish hospitals to improve patient-centred communication as well as the patient support programme Nefralia® continued, offering support to CKD patients
- Vifor Pharma Germany supported ‘We for Life 2019’, a national education event in Berlin
- The Vifor Pharma Patient Academy enables our employees to learn from patient representatives about the disease burden and gives the patients involved a unique perspective of the company, and enables them to make their voice heard
- Vifor Pharma Spain organised training for nephrologists and cardiologists with the aim of bolstering their patient communication skills and improving the overall patient experience.
- Vifor Pharma Romania supported the national inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients’ association through co-organising several Patient Forums throughout the country.
- In Australia, a team of ‘Vifor Iron Nurse Educators’ (VINE) provided education to General Practice physicians at a dedicated event to support improved access to iron treatments in primary care.
- During the Coronavirus period, Vifor Pharma created a global fund to support Patient Associations in responding to COVID-19. The fund provided grant applications for initiatives focused on the challenges posed by the pandemic with particular emphasis on projects aimed at improving the safety and quality of life of patients while containment measures were in place.
The animation below reflects some of the key highlights in our Responsibility pillar “Patients”.