Employees are our most valuable resource. Our employees’ knowledge and dedication is key to the development and commercialisation of our therapeutic solutions. Fostering a skilled and diverse workforce produces attractive job and development opportunities, while driving innovation and improving productivity. By focusing on safety and well-being, we can create healthy, pleasant and inspiring workplaces. This supports our goal of minimising absence through injury or illness, optimises retention rates and improves performance by actively engaging employees.
Learn how we support and engage employees in our latest Responsibility Report here.
What are the Employees 2019 highlights?
- We expanded the educational content of our Learning & Development programme “Vifor Pharma Academy”. Additionally, we launched the Learning Management System and a Talent Management System.
- Our production sites and affiliates offer individual and often locally-tailored development programmes, such as a new micro-learning platform called Axonify for the field force based in UK.
- A dedicated ‘Inclusion & Diversity’ programme was initiated. The team in charge developed a roadmap envisaging a set of projects and initiatives to further embed inclusion and diversity in the company.
- Vifor Pharma was awarded a Fair Pay certification in all locations in Switzerland.
- At Vifor Pharma Spain, a gender equality plan (“Plan de Igualdad”) fosters equal opportunities between men and women and intends to avoid discrimination in the organisation.
- Our production sites and subsidiaries regularly conduct safety initiatives, such as a Safety Day for all employees at the production site in Fribourg, Switzerland and Portugal, or an earthquake drill and fire training for all employees at the affiliate in Lima, Peru.
- We continually invest in and support future generations and upcoming talent, e.g. we run the “Life Science Student of the Year’ challenge.
- We take appropriate measures to create a healthy working environment for our employees, supporting them in living a healthier and mindful life – inside and outside the workplace, e.g. mental health awareness week in UK, regular stretching exercises on the rooftop of the new production building in Lisbon, or to engage in a voluntary Health & Wellness Week.
Have a look at the key highlights from our Responsibility pillar “Employees” below.